Bridgemi.com is for and about the state of Michigan. According to their about page, “Bridge Michigan is a nonprofit, nonpartisan news organization that provides passionate and rooted Michigan readers with honest, fact-driven journalism on the state’s diverse people, politics, and economy. We serve as your watchdog on the biggest issues impacting your daily life, giving you insightful coverage you can’t get anywhere else.”
Funded by / Ownership
Bridge Michigan is owned and published by the Center for Michigan a 501(c)3 nonprofit think tank. The Center for Michigan is funded through donations and grants. Some notable large donors include the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and the Knight Foundation. See the complete list here.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Bridge Michigan publishes news pertaining to Michigan in categories such as Government, Education, Health, and Environment. Most articles are original and written by staff with low biased headlines, and articles such as this Critics say Michigan open-government reform legislation has too many loopholes. Further, throughout the coronavirus, they have reported with a pro-science perspective such as this Coronavirus Tracker | Daily cases top 3,000 for first time since January. All stories are sourced properly to credible media outlets like the Michigan Legislature.
Editorially, Bridge Michigan tends to hold a left-leaning bias with concerns for the environment, such as this As Michigan climate changes, Grand Rapids uses green space to mitigate floods, and this Opinion | No matter your politics, clean energy is a winner for Michigan. When it comes to politicians they tend to favor President Joe Biden such as this Five ways Michigan could change under President Joe Biden, from taxes to autos. When reporting on former President Donald Trump, they project a negative view such as this Trump fraud claims make Michigan clerks fact-checkers as lies spread online. Generally, Bridge Michigan reports news factually and with a moderate left-leaning bias editorially.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Bridge Michigan Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that usually favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Kelley 3/6/2017) Updated (04/29/2022)
Last Updated on April 29, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am