These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate, Boston.com Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions and story selection that slightly leans left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1995 by the Boston Globe, Boston.com is an online news website that provides news for the Boston, Massachusetts area. Boston.com focuses on covering a wide variety of topics such as real estate news, things to do, sports and entertainment news. Boston.com was the online version of The Boston Globe until 2011. For more information regarding its history please see here. Currently, its Editor-in-Chief is Kaitlyn Johnston and the Managing Director is Matthew Karolian. For their contact information please see here.
Funded by / Ownership
Boston Globe Media Partners owns Boston.com, however on their site the link that provides more information about Boston.com is broken. Boston.com’s content is free and its revenue is based on advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Boston.com generally publishes articles with minimal emotionally loaded language such as this “Bernie Sanders denies telling Elizabeth Warren that a woman couldn’t win in 2020”. National and world news is typically republished from the Associated Press and Boston Globe.
When it comes to sourcing Boston.com often hyperlinks to itself as well as to credible sources such as the New York Times, Washington Post, Bloomberg, Slate, and pro-science sources such as ScienceDirect.
Editorially, when covering the Trump administration, Boston.com uses a critical tone such as in this article “Donald Trump sent a letter invoking the Salem witch trials. The city’s mayor responded with a history lesson.” They also publish stories that focus on left leaning concerns such as this: This is why a Brookline independent abortion clinic has turned to GoFundMe for help. In general, Boston.com reports news factually, with a slight left leaning editorial bias.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate, Boston.com Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions and story selection that slightly leans left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 01/14/2020)
Last Updated on February 26, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am