- Overall, we rate Arc Digital Least Biased based on topic selection covering liberal and conservative viewpoints. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact-check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2017, Arc Digital is a news and opinion website that features original commentary from various perspectives. According to their about page, “We’re a news and opinion publication founded in 2016. Since the very beginning, we have stood for responsible intellectual pluralism. It’s our core value. And we’re very proud of the community of readers we’ve amassed who share our commitment to good-faith dialogue.” The current editor-in-chief is Berny Belvedere.
Funded by / Ownership
The website was founded and owned by Berny Belvedere. In an interview with Merion West, Berny Belvedere states that funding was coming through the blogging platform Medium. However, in 2022, as of this review, they are using Substack.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the website features original commentary written by named authors that covers a wide range of topics, mainly focusing on politics and philosophy. Headlines range from minimally to moderately emotional, such as You Don’t Need to Lie to Stop the War. This story is sourced correctly. Story selection is varied, with some from left perspectives such as this: They Sure Do Look Guilty and some from a conservative perspective such as Why Socialism Is Bad.
Regarding sourcing information, Arc Digital is thorough and uses known credible sources such as the New York Times, CNN, and The Intercept. We did not find any cases of Arc Digital using Questionable and/or Conspiracy websites to support claims.
Editorially, Arc Digital publishes commentary ranging from progressive liberal to libertarian to conservative. With this said, they provide balance and feature counter articles written to challenge a previous article. For example, in the article, Semantics, Cooperatives, Marx, and More, the author writes a rebuttal to an earlier article offering a differing viewpoint. This is common on the Arc Digital website, and despite promoting biased commentary, they always provide opposing perspectives, which earns them a least biased rating based on balanced story selection.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Arc Digital Least Biased based on topic selection covering liberal and conservative viewpoints. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact-check record. (D. Van Zandt 01/13/2020) Updated (08/15/2022)
Last Updated on August 15, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: End the Fedby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Intifadaby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 24, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Vindicatorby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 24, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/23/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 23, 2022 at 10:30 am