Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Alternative Daily and quackery level pseudoscience website based on the promotion of unproven or debunked scientific claims related to health.
Bias Rating: PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2011, Alternative Daily is a website that promotes alternative/holistic health. According to their about page, “Our topics range from personal health to environmental issues and beyond as we strive to bring you the latest as well as the most Ancient in alternative thoughts and therapies.”
Funded by / Ownership
Splash Campaign LLC, based in Jupiter, Florida, owns Alternative Daily. Advertising and an online store generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Alternative Daily primarily publishes health and wellness articles from an alternative or holistic perspective. While many articles are properly sourced to credible outlets such as the CDC and peer-reviewed journals, others are not. For example, they promote unproven cancer cures such as this 6 Peruvian Cures For Cancer, Inflammation, Staph Infections And More and A Mother’s Son Was Dying From Cancer, So She Secretly Gave Him This. This last article claims that a cannabis tincture cured terminal cancer. While cannabis may be beneficial for symptom treatment, there is zero evidence that it can cure cancer.
Alternative Daily has also promoted anti-vaccination propaganda, such as advancing the idea that vaccines cause autism Report: Monkeys Subjected To Vaccines Develop Symptoms of Autism. There is no connection between vaccines and autism in humans. Finally, they promoted misinformation during the Covid-19 pandemic by claiming that Oregano Oil can kill viruses on surfaces Antibacterial Wipes are Sold Out: How to Make Your Own. According to Reuters Fact Check, this claim is false. In general, Alternative Daily publishes a mix of credible news and quackery level pseudoscience.
Failed Fact Checks
- None by a third party. See the above examples.
Overall, we rate Alternative Daily and quackery level pseudoscience website based on the promotion of unproven or debunked scientific claims related to health. (D. Van Zandt 12/10/2021)
Last Updated on January 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/07/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 7, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Cosmos Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 7, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/06/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 6, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Indexmundiby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 6, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/05/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 5, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Worldhealth.netby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 5, 2022 at 8:00 am