These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate AllGov Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. It should also be noted that satirical content is mixed with real news, which can be misleading.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2009, “AllGov.com provides up-to-date news about more than 340 departments and agencies of the U.S. government, most of which operate under the radar of the media, even when they have annual budgets of billions of dollars. AllGov tells you what each agency says it does, what it really does, and who is making a profit from the agency. It also gives a history of the agency, illuminates controversies relating to the agency, and shares critiques and suggested reforms from both the left and the right.” The founder and editor-in-chief is David Wallechinsky, an American populist historian and television commentator.
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not clearly state ownership; however, it states David Wallechinsky created the website at the bottom of each page. Revenue appears to be derived through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, AllGov is a valuable resource when searching for information about government agencies and those in charge of them. AllGov does not use loaded language, and everything is impeccably sourced to credible media or .gov/.org sites. Allgov covers both sides equally, and there is little sign of bias in reporting on departments and agencies. However, the website also reports general political news, most of which is written by David Wallechnisky.
These articles are often very critical of the Trump administration and frequently use loaded emotional language such as this: Trump’s Obsession with Venezuela and Iran in One Chart. A quote from the article reads: “For all the talk of Trump being Russian President Vladimir Putin’s lapdog, he is also aggressively promoting the agenda of the Saudi royal family.” AllGov also republishes articles from The Conversation. Finally, AllGov publishes Satire mixed into their newsfeed, which can be misleading. However, the article itself is appropriately labeled as Satire. Here is an example: Trump Claims God Told Him to Deport his Wife, Melania.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate AllGov Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. It should also be noted that satirical content is mixed with real news, which can be misleading. (D. Van Zandt 3/24/2018) Updated (12/26/2021)
Last Updated on February 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm