Alabama Today describes themselves as “the first place Alabamians of influence go for an inside look at breaking statewide, political and business news.”
Funded by / Ownership
Alabama Today lacks transparency as they do not name ownership. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Alabama Today is a website that reports on news related to Alabama and offers an opinion section for guest writers. News reporting is often presented with minimal bias in wording such as this Ross Marchand: USPS must deliver greater transparency. When it comes to sourcing information, they do not use hyperlinks, relying on quotes. This is unacceptable for an online publication.
A review of editorial positions reveals that more favor the right such as this Chris Talgo: Joy to the world, Build Back Better’s demise has come, and AG Steve Marshall fights to protect Alabama land from Biden administration ‘overreach.’ A review of their coverage on Covid-19 indicates they are pro-science utilizing the Associated Press and guest writers. In general, they report news factual and hold fiscally conservative viewpoints.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Alabama Today Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to poor sourcing techniques and a lack of transparency with ownership. (D. Van Zandt 2/25/2018) Updated (12/25/2021)
Last Updated on January 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: American People Dailyby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black America Webby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WFMZby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 1, 2022 at 8:00 am