Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Joe Biden (D): “More cops are killed responding to domestic violence calls than anything else.”
PolitiFact rating: False (FBI data shows 504 officers feloniously killed from 2012 to 2021. The data for call for service or reason for the officer’s involvement showed 19 related to domestic violence. But other circumstances accounted for more officer deaths than domestic violence calls, including traffic violation stops, wanted people and suspicious people /circumstances.)
|Claim by Ryan Fournier (Students for Trump): Video shows NATO equipment in Ukraine.
USA Today rating: False (Shows equipment going to Texas and not Ukraine.)
|Claim by Viral image: “Emergency injunction and tribunal order was served to WHO … to immediately cease and desist a criminal conspiracy to commit war crimes.”
PolitiFact rating: Pants on Fire (Made up)
|FALSE||Claim by Brigitte Gabriel, Charlie Kirk, Dinesh D’Souza, Post Millennial: Did Greta Thunberg delete claim that humanity will end by 2023?
Newsweek rating: False (The tweet that Thunberg allegedly sent referenced an article that did not say the world would end by 2023.)
|FALSE||Claim by the North Carolina Republican Party: “The left is determined to erase Mount Rushmore from our history books.”
Politifact rating: False (No evidence that elected leaders or political groups — at a national or local level — are pushing to “erase” Mount Rushmore from history books.)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): The World Economic Forum (WEF) has vowed to ban eggs after a study found they cure COVID-19.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (Crackpottery as the WEF has not announced a ban and the cited study did not find eggs can cure COVID-19.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Study Reveals Fossil Fuels Cause Over 5 Million Deaths Annuallyby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 2:36 pm
- Mother and Son Sentenced to House Arrest for Role in Capitol Riotby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 1:27 pm
- Estonia Considers Closing Border with Russia Amid Migrant Surgeby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 11:03 am
- Defying Pope’s calls for climate action, US Catholic bishops cling to fossil fuelsby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 7:19 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/30/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bangkok Postby Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Elon Musk Clarifies Israel Visit Purpose, Addresses Controversial Post and Advertiser Backlashby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 9:17 pm
- Students Walk Out at Florida High School Over Staff Reassignment Due to Transgender Athlete Policyby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 1:29 pm