These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The Post Millennial Right Biased based on story selection that favors the right and Mixed in reporting due to publishing unsubstantiated claims and having several failed fact checks.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: Canada 16/180
Co-Founded in 2017 by Matthew Azrieli and Ali S. Taghva, The Post Millennial is an alternative news and opinion website based in Montreal, Canada. According to their about page their mission is “To accurately and adequately report Canadian news events as they unfold and progress, and to share this reporting with as many Canadians and citizens of the World as possible.”
Funded by / Ownership
The Post Millennial is owned and operated by the Après le Millénaire / The Post Millennial Corporation. The website is funded through online advertising and donation links.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Post Millennial covers Canadian news, Breaking News, Politics, and Opinions. When reporting news there is the moderate use of loaded words in headlines such as: 5 big Trudeau military failures. For the most part news articles are sourced properly and factually based, though there is a strong right-leaning bias in story selection that denigrates the left and in particular PM Justin Trudeau. The opinion/editorial pages provide little balance and primarily support Conservative and Libertarian positions. Further, the Post Millennial sometimes reports unsubstantiated claims that have not been proven such as this: WATCH: Justin Trudeau allegedly went for drinks with woman Liberals claim is a “white nationalist”.
Failed Fact Checks
- Rainbow poppies not mandatory for Remembrance Day at Manitoba school – False
- “almost nobody showed up” to Kamala Harris’ campaign stop in Asheville, North Carolina, on October 21 – Mostly False
- “FLASHBACK: Final debate moderator busted on hot mic coaching Clinton campaign director.” – Mostly False
- Harris Hasn’t Called Biden a ‘Racist’ or a ‘Rapist’ – False
Overall, we rate The Post Millennial Right Biased based on story selection that favors the right and Mixed in reporting due to publishing unsubstantiated claims and having several failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 9/19/2018) Updated (11/05/2020)