Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: purports gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson shared a post on Instagram featuring the Proud Boys logo.
Check Your Fact rating: False (Smith & Wesson shared the logo for Perce|eption Brand apparel, according to a Feb. 27 post published on their verified Twitter account. While the Proud Boys logo also uses the colors black and gold, the font differs from that of the Perce|eption Brand logo.)
|Claim by Tucker Carlson: Capitol Police officers “helped” QAnon Shaman Jacob Chansley and “acted as his tour guides.”
Politifact rating: Pants on Fire (Officers repeatedly asked Chansley to leave the building. This is corroborated by the plea agreement Chansley signed and a Capitol Police officer’s account of the events. Capitol Police Chief Thomas Manger called Carlson’s claim “outrageous and false” in an internal department memo. He wrote that officers used de-escalation tactics to try to talk rioters into getting each other to leave the Capitol.)
|FALSE||Claim by Alex Berenson: “huge peer review show[ed] vaccines may have caused tens of millions of serious new health problems worldwide”
Health Feedback rating: Inaccurate (Contrary to the claim, the researchers didn’t conclude that COVID-19 vaccines were associated with health problems. In fact, the authors and their research institution stated that vaccines are beneficial even in the light of these new results.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: President Donald Trump was the first to “acknowledge that children are being sold for sex in the U.S.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (Efforts to stop child sex trafficking in the U.S. have been underway for decades, led by presidents including Joe Biden.)
|Claim by Viral Image: Screenshot shows Tim Pool saying that Woke agenda ended his sex life.
Check Your Fact rating: False (The image is digitally altered. There is no evidence that Pool made this statement.)
|FALSE||(International: India): Italian PM Giorgio Meloni refused to shake hands with PM Modi.
The Quint rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Clarence Thomas recuses himself as Supreme Court rejects ex-Trump lawyer John Eastman’s appealby newsfactsnetwork on October 2, 2023 at 3:06 pm
- Supreme Court declines to consider longshot bid to disqualify Trump from running for presidentby newsfactsnetwork on October 2, 2023 at 11:07 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on October 2, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Sayfie Reviewby Media Bias Fact Check on October 2, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Matt Gaetz Says He Will Move to Oust Kevin McCarthy as House Speakerby newsfactsnetwork on October 2, 2023 at 1:16 am
- Rep. Jamaal Bowman pulls fire alarm ahead of vote to pass short-term funding billby newsfactsnetwork on October 1, 2023 at 9:16 pm
- SCOTUS to decide if Florida and Texas social media laws violate 1st Amendmentby newsfactsnetwork on October 1, 2023 at 3:17 pm
- Just 3 hours before the deadline, Congress avoids a government shutdownby newsfactsnetwork on October 1, 2023 at 7:18 am