Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: Dr. Dre’s attorney sent U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene a cease-and-desist letter over the use of one of his recordings in a tweeted video.
Snopes rating: True
|FALSE||Claim by Dr. Robert Malone: COVID-19 vaccines “provide zero benefit relative to risk for the young and healthy.”
Politifact rating: False (Robert Malone is a known purveyor of Covid disinformation. Younger people face less of a health threat from COVID-19, but vaccines reduce their chances of developing serious disease from the virus.
|Claim via Social media: Video shows Russian nuclear submarine ‘suddenly floating’ near Hawaii.
USA Today rating: False (The video is a five-minute clip from an episode of “Hawaii Five-0,” specifically Episode 25 of Season 8, “Waiho Wale Kahiko.”)
|FALSE||Claim by House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and other U.S. lawmakers: The IRS is hiring 87,000 new agents to audit the middle-class.
VERIFYThis.com rating: False (the IRS isn’t hiring 87,000 new agents to audit the middle-class. The majority of IRS hires would fill positions of people leaving the agency over the next decade. That includes staff across departments, not just auditors.)
|TRUE||Claim by Melissa Agard (D): “Historically, our spring elections (including for state Supreme Court) have a smaller turnout associated with them.”
PolitiFact rating: True (Wisconsin Election Commission data shows that since 2000, turnout in partisan elections — that is, the fall cycle — has ranged from 44% to 73% of adults. In nonpartisan elections, which occur in spring, turnout has ranged from nearly 12% to 34%.)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): Victoria’s Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton is not a real doctor.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (Professor Sutton completed a medical degree in 1993 and is a registered medical practitioner.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on September 26, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Restore American Gloryby Media Bias Fact Check on September 26, 2023 at 4:00 am
- FDNY first responder deaths from 9/11-related diseases now equal FDNY deaths from attacksby newsfactsnetwork on September 25, 2023 at 9:30 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/25/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on September 25, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Egypt, guns, money and power at center of Menendez indictmentby newsfactsnetwork on September 25, 2023 at 4:17 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: SCOTUSblogby Media Bias Fact Check on September 25, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Ukraine’s Zelenskyy Says He Met Top Businessmen During US Visitby newsfactsnetwork on September 25, 2023 at 2:17 am
- Only one GOP candidate has completely snubbed Iowa so far: Chris Christieby newsfactsnetwork on September 24, 2023 at 3:16 pm