Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “The Wisconsin voter roll has over 120,000 active voters who have been registered to vote for over 100 years.”
PolitiFact rating: False (When a municipality’s system didn’t track a voter’s date of birth or initial date of registration, a default date was entered into the statewide system: 1/1/1900 for date of birth and 1/1/1918 for date of registration. Such placeholders for missing information have been used by other states as well.)
|Claim via Social Media: CDC Will Begin To Provide Data On How Many US Deaths Are ‘from’ COVID And How Many Are ‘with’ COVID.
Lead Stories rating: False (They already do that.)
|FALSE||Claim by the Gateway Pundit: “Germany: 96% of Latest Omicron Patients were FULLY Vaccinated – Only 4% Unvaccinated”
Politifact rating: False (Initially it said there were only 186 new cases of omicron among unvaccinated people in the previous week, but the number was actually 1,097.)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: An image shows a flyer of an After School Satan Club.
USA Today rating: True
|Claim via Social Media: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch said the flu kills “hundreds of thousands of people every year.”
Snopes.com rating: False (He did not say that.)
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): Claim by Rodrigo Duterte: A law authored by opposition vice presidential candidate Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan allows minors to go scot-free even after committing crimes such as robbery with murder, rape with murder, and rape.
VERA Files rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am