Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Electric vehicles would not have fared well in the Virginia snowstorm traffic jam.
Politifact rating: False (when those vehicles are idling in a long traffic jam, their motors aren’t running, unlike gas-powered cars. So, in severe cold, the only draw on the EV battery would be the heating system and other electrical accessories.)
|Claim by Viral image: Claims former South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy alleged the 2020 election was rigged through “treasonous acts.”
Check Your Fact rating: False (never said that)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Pfizer made $37 billion in profit in its last quarter.
Politifact rating: False (Pfizer reported $24.09 billion in revenue for the third quarter of 2021, and a net income of $8.15 billion.)
|FALSE||Claim by World Net Daily (WND): “1 million COVID-vaccine injuries now reported on CDC’s database.”
USA Today rating: False (relies on Vaers, which is unvetted and unreliable for drawing conclusions.)
|UNPROVEN||Claim by Donald Trump (R): “Where did all those votes show up from in Georgia, where it was just revealed they sold ballots for $10 a piece,”
USA Today rating: Unproven (more conspiracies)
|FALSE||(International: Kenya): Photo of huge crowd at Kenyan deputy president’s rally
AFP Fact Check rating: False (From 2015 in Tanzania)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am