Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|FALSE||Claim by Mic Drop Politics: “German News Agency Tracks 75 Prominent Athletes Suddenly Dead Of Heart Attacks After COVID Vax”
Politifact rating: False (The claim cites a German news story, which did not report that all of the athletes listed had died, did not say they all had heart attacks and included a disclaimer that not all of the people listed became ill because of vaccination.)
|FALSE||Claim by Kyle Becker: “The CDC Finally Admits a Massive Number of Americans Have ‘Natural Immunity’: 146.6 Million People”; 94% of Covid-related deaths were not caused by Covid-19
Health Feedback rating: Incorrect
|Claim by Meagan Wolfe: “Only a court can decide that somebody is incompetent to vote” — the state Election Commission “cannot force facilities, private facilities, to allow special voting deputies”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True (Under Wisconsin state law, courts — and only courts — are changed with declaring individuals incompetent, and therefore ineligible to vote.)
|Claim by Viral Image: An image shared on Facebook purportedly shows a new Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavor in honor of Joseph Rosenbaum, a man who was shot and killed by Kyle Rittenhouse during an August 2020 protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Check Your Fact rating: False
|Claim by Steve Kirsch: Pfizer Vaccine Will Kill 117 Kids To Save 1 Child From Dying Of COVID In 5 To 11 Age Group
Lead Stories rating: False
|FALSE||(International: Australia): The Morrison government plans to force all age pensioners onto cashless welfare cards.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (There is no evidence the government intends to put all age pensioners on cashless welfare cards, a measure not permitted under existing legislation.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am