- Overall, we rate Becker News far-right biased and questionable based on the use of poor sources, the promotion of right-wing propaganda and conspiracies, and frequent publication of misleading and false information.
Questionable Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy Theories, Propaganda, Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: FAR RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2020 by Kyle Becker, Becker News is a far-right news and opinion website that frequently promotes conspiracy theories. Kyle Becker is a freelance writer who has worked as associate producer for Fox News and was director of viral media and senior managing editor for Independent Journal Review. He was also formerly the Chief Editor of Bizpac Review and social media manager for Conservative News Today.
In 2017, Kyle Becker was suspended from IJR for writing an article that promoted a false conspiracy theory regarding former President Obama.
Funded by / Ownership
Becker News lacks transparency as they do not clearly list ownership; however, Kyle Becker owns the website. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Becker News promotes news and opinions that align with the right. Articles and headlines are often emotional and favor a conservative perspective such as this Pelosi Just Fined 4 House Members for Violating Mask Mandate, But Watch Her Walk Through a Crowd of Democrats. This story uses a variety of media outlets, including the questionable Breitbart.
Kyle Becker has spread debunked conspiracy theories through Twitter and written articles claiming that a facial recognition technology company had identified “Antifa” members among the insurrection and that others actually control President Biden. Further, after the 2020 Presidential election, Becker News has frequently promoted former President Trump’s election fraud conspiracy theories such as this Donald Trump Relays Urgent Message About ‘Massive Fraud’ in Arizona Election in New Interview. Finally, they have made false claims regarding President Biden and Covid-19 such as this Biden Becomes Laughing Stock as Only World Leader on Conference Call with a Mask On. In general, Becker News rarely publishes factual news and holds a far-right editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- Says Joe Biden was the only world leader to wear a face mask during a video conference. – False
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi blocked President Donald Trump’s request for 10,000 National Guard members to be deployed before the January 6, 2021 Capitol riot. – False
- There are reportedly 132,000 change of address flags in Fulton County, Georgia ballots. These ballots are likely ineligible. – False
- The juror “outright admitted that jury intimidation played a major part in the trial.” – False
- The election software system in Michigan that switched 6,000 votes from Trump to Biden is called “Dominion.” – False
- A 2019 CDC Memo on Ivermectin Blows a Hole in Media’s Narrative: It’s Just a ‘Horse Treatment’ – False
- “The CDC Finally Admits a Massive Number of Americans Have ‘Natural Immunity’: 146.6 Million People”; 94% of Covid-related deaths were not caused by Covid-19. – Inaccurate
Overall, we rate Becker News far-right biased and questionable based on the use of poor sources, the promotion of right-wing propaganda and conspiracies, and frequent publication of misleading and false information. (User submitted and edited by D. Van Zandt 5/21/2021) Updated (11/22/2021)
Last Updated on February 16, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am