Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|FALSE||Claim by attorney Aaron Siri: CDC Admits Crushing Rights of Naturally Immune Without Proof They Transmit the Virus
Lead Stories rating: False (This is an FIOA scam. They requested information from the CDC and when the CDC responded saying it does not collect data that covers the request the covid misinformer falsely uses this as evidence.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Long COVID is “mostly a mental disease”; the condition long COVID is solely due to a person’s belief, not actual disease; long COVID doesn’t exist
Health Feedback rating: Inaccurate (Misinterprets study)
|FALSE||Claim by Viral image: Kyle Rittenhouse’s mother “drove him across state lines and dropped him off in the middle of a riot armed with an assault rifle” in Kenosha.
PolitiFact rating: False (Went to the scene with a Wisconsin friend who had purchased the rifle for him.)
|Claim by Conservative Beaver: Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla’s wife, Myriam Bourla, has died from complications from the COVID-19 vaccine.
Check Your Fact rating: False (she is alive)
|Claim via Social media: Woman was ejected from a hockey game for wearing a ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ shirt.
USA Today rating: False (She was with a group of 20 people who all had on the same shirt. She was removed for drunken profanity, the others in the group were not.)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): Claim by Prime Minister Scott Morrison: In 2019, Labor had a policy to raise the price of petrol to force people to switch to electric vehicles.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (Labor had no such stated policy, and any link between the opposition’s then proposals and increased fuel prices was only tangential.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am