The code of principles of the International Fact-Checking Network IFCN at Poynter is a series of commitments organizations abide by to promote excellence in fact-checking. The following fact checks come from IFCN fact checkers. (D. Van Zandt)
|Claim by Kayleigh McEnany: “No tear gas was used and no rubber bullets were used.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False
|Claim via Viral Video: Did Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and Illinois Gov. Jay Robert Pritzker conspire to place pallets of bricks on sidewalks so that rioters could use them at protests?
Lead Stories rating: False
|Claim by Kamala Harris: Says the Obama administration was doing pattern-or-practice investigations of discrimination by police departments and “Donald Trump came in with Jeff Sessions and undid those.”
Poltifact rating: Mostly True
|Claims by Donald Trump: Trump now claims he fired Mattis, says President Barack Obama did the same and takes credit for nicknaming him Mad Dog Mattis.
AP Fact Check rating: False
|Claim by Joe Biden: “Farm bankruptcies jumped 20% last year due largely to Trump’s unmitigated disaster of a tariff war.”
FactCheck.org rating: Mostly False
|(International: UK) Claim: Nigerian man beats London security officers to death
AFP Fact Check rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by the IFCN. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm