These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate 19FortyFive Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that align with a conservative perspective. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than high due to a lack of transparency in ownership.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2020, 19fortyfive.com or 1945 is a conservative-leaning website that focuses on defense and USA foreign policy news and analysis. According to their about page, “We seek to hold no one ideology or opinion in favor. We are a non-partisan, non-factional publication. That means we publish a wide range of analysis, opinion, and reporting that is slanted to the left, right, and center. Accordingly, all of our writers and Contributing Editors come from very different backgrounds, many times disagreeing with one another vigorously.”
The website is transparent as they list writers and the editor as J. Beth Gorton.
Funded by / Ownership
1945 lacks transparency as they do not clearly indicate ownership; however, they appear to be owned by 19FortyFive Group Inc., based in Maryland. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue for the company.
Analysis / Bias
19FortyFive publishes news and analysis on defense and foreign policy such as this How NATO Would Wage A Fourth Battle Of The Atlantic Against Russia. Some articles utilize emotional wording such as this Is The Biden Administration Fueling A New Caucasus Crisis? Like most on the website, this story properly sources credible media outlets like the National Interest, Radio Free Europe, and Reuters.
Editorially, they offer a variety of viewpoints; however, our review indicates more favor the right. Many articles negatively report on President Joe Biden, such as this Forget China: Biden Wants The Military To Fight Climate Change, And Racial Justice and History Proves Joe Biden Doesn’t Stand A Chance. Finally, when reporting on science-related issues such as Covid-19 and Climate Change, they support the scientific consensus.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate 19FortyFive Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that align with a conservative perspective. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than high due to a lack of transparency in ownership. (D. Van Zandt 5/29/2021) Updated (10/22/2021)
Last Updated on January 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am