These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate YaleGlobal Left-Center biased based on support for policy that is favorable to the left and Very High for factual reporting due to excellent sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2001, YaleGlobal Online is an “online magazine that explores globalization and implications of growing global interconnectedness in economics, security, trade, politics and the environment.” Until 2013, YaleGlobal was published by the Yale Center for the Study of Globalization, however, since then it has been published by the MacMillan Center at Yale.
According to their about page their “aim is to analyze and promote debate on all aspects of globalization through publishing original articles and multi-media presentations. YaleGlobal also republishes, with brief comment, important articles from other publications that illuminate the many sides of this complex phenomenon.”
Funded by / Ownership
YaleGlobal Online is a publication of the Whitney and Betty MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies at Yale. The website is funded through the MacMillan Center.
Analysis / Bias
In review, YaleGlobal Online publishes original, well written and sourced news stories related to globalism. Original content is broken down into topics such as Economy, Health, Politics and Trade, and many more. Original content utilizes moderate loaded language in their headlines such as this: Authoritarians Fool the World, But for How Long? A quote from the article also demonstrates loaded emotional language “The United States, the leader of the post-World War II order, elected a president who is in competition with Baghdad Bob, the famously delusional spokesperson for Saddam Hussein during the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Donald Trump seems intent on destroying trade agreements and alliances with friends while praising dictators with blood on their hands.”
YaleGlobal tends to favor left-leaning positions such as environmentalism, gender equality, and international cooperation with healthcare. In general, the positions taken by YaleGlobal are closely in line with the Democratic party.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate YaleGlobal Left-Center biased based on support for a policy that is favorable to the left and Very High for factual reporting due to excellent sourcing of information and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 6/28/2019)
Last Updated on November 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am