These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate WUPA – CBS Atlanta Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1980, WUPA – CBS Atlanta is a CW-owned-and-operated television station through CW 69 licensed to Atlanta, Georgia, United States. The associated website is atlanta.cbslocal.com that features local news, sports, weather, and crime for the greater Atlanta Metro area.
Funded by / Ownership
WUPA – CBS Atlanta is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which National Amusements, Inc owns. They are operated by the third-generation leadership of the Redstone family. The President of National Amusements and chairwoman of the company is Shari Ellin Redstone. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the WUPA – CBS Atlanta website publishes sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and local news for the greater Atlanta Metro region through CBSN. Local news articles and headlines use minimal emotionally loaded wording: DNA Extracted In The Decades-Old Atlanta Child Murders Case. A video accompanies most stories from the TV station. National news stories are published from other CBS affiliates as well as the Associated Press.
Editorially, WUPA – CBS Atlanta does not publish op-eds; however, they do report on politics with slightly more stories favoring the left, such as this President Biden To Make First Primetime Address Later This Week Marking Roughly 1-Year Anniversary Of COVID-19 Pandemic In US. In general, the news is reported factually and with a slight left-leaning bias when covering politics.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate WUPA – CBS Atlanta Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 08/25/2021)
Last Updated on January 23, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am