These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, this is a pro-Science source.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1993, the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) is the largest trade organization globally that represents the biotechnology industry. According to their about page, “BIO members are involved in researching and developing innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world.”
Funded by / Ownership
BIO is a Nonprofit Tax-Exempt: 501(c)(6) and is funded through donations by persons, organizations, and corporations.
Analysis / Bias
Biotechnology Innovation Organization does not post news related to politics but instead focuses on advocacy for the advancement of biotechnology. They do have a section on the website called News & Reports where they do opine primarily about healthcare news. In some cases, they have a favorable view of Trump’s policies such as here and other, where they vilify his policies towards health care. Everything on this website is well-sourced and related to science or the politics that drive it.
Overall, this is a pro-Science source. (D. Van Zandt 10/27/2018) Updated (04/01/2022)
Last Updated on April 1, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am