These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate the World Meteorological Organization Pro-Science based on the advocacy of the scientific consensus on weather and climate change.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Country: Switzerland (10/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1950, The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) is an intergovernmental organization with a membership of 191 Member States and Territories. The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. The UN system’s authoritative voice on the state and behavior of the Earth’s atmosphere, its interaction with the oceans, the climate it produces, and the resulting distribution of water resources. They are based in Geneva, Switzerland.
Funded by / Ownership
Funding for the World Meteorological Organization comes from Governments from around the world.
Analysis / Bias
The World Meteorological Organization provides information and news regarding weather events and trends around the world. They report on advances in forecasting such as this Space observations support sustainable development. They also report on events such as this Caribbean rolls out multi-hazard preparations for hurricane season.
Editorially, when it comes to reporting on climate science, they support the scientific consensus.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the World Meteorological Organization Pro-Science based on the advocacy of the scientific consensus on weather and climate change. (D. Van Zandt 5/5/2017) Updated (6/2/2021)
Last Updated on June 2, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am