These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate WJZ – CBS Baltimore Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1948, WJZ – CBS Baltimore is a CBS-owned-and-operated television station licensed to Baltimore, Maryland, United States. The associated website is baltimore.cbslocal.com that features local news, sports, weather, and crime for the greater Baltimore Metro area.
Funded by / Ownership
WJZ – CBS Baltimore is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which National Amusements, Inc owns. They are operated by the third-generation leadership of the Redstone family. The President of National Amusements and chairwoman of the company is Shari Ellin Redstone. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the WJZ – CBS Baltimore website publishes sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and local news for the greater Baltimore Metro region through CBSN. Local news articles and headlines use minimal emotionally loaded wording: Students Stranded On First Day Of School After 30 Baltimore City Bus Drivers Call Out. A video accompanies most stories from the TV station. National news stories are published from other CBS affiliates as well as the Associated Press.
Editorially, WJZ – CBS Baltimore does not publish op-eds; however, they do report on politics with slightly more stories favoring the left, such as this Biden Readies Sweeping Policy Shifts On COVID, Economy, Immigration And More. In general, the news is reported factually and with a slight left-leaning bias when covering politics.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate WJZ – CBS Baltimore Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 08/30/2021)
Last Updated on January 23, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am