- Overall, we rate the Utah Standard-Examiner Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Utah Standard-Examiner is a daily morning newspaper published in Ogden, Utah. The Standard-Examiner was founded in 1888; it is available in print, online and mobile formats. Its features include local news, events from northern Utah communities, entertainment, political commentaries, and world news.
Funded by / Ownership
The Utah Standard-Examiner is owned by Ogden Newspapers Inc., which publishes numerous small-market newspapers around the eastern half of the USA. Ogden has historically donated to Republican candidates. According to Open Secrets, since 1992, they have donated 93% to Republicans. Robert Nutting is the current CEO. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Utah Standard-Examiner covers local news through reporters with minimal bias in wording such as this Weber crews fight blazes across West, train for the worst here. National and international news is republished through the Associated Press.
Editorially, they have a history of endorsing more Republican candidates, for example, the endorsed Republican John McCain in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012. A review of op-eds slightly favors the right such as this Lowry: Newsom deserves to be recalled. In general, the news is reported factually and with a right-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Utah Standard-Examiner Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 8/26/2017) Updated (08/28/21)
Last Updated on August 28, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am