These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Unity News Network Right Biased based on story selection and editorial bias that strongly favors the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact checks record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: United Kingdom
World Press Freedom Rank: UK 35/180
Founded in 2018, Unity News Network is a Manchester, UK news and opinion website. According to their about page “Unity News Network is a pioneering and dynamic grassroots information centre for the 21st Century. Like you, we are sick and tired of the biased mainstream media and it’s agenda. Our aim is to be a forum for free speech and honesty about the issues facing the United Kingdom and the World today.” The Editor-In-Chief is Carl D. Pearson. Since last reviewing this site in August 2018, they have adopted a corrections and fact-checking policy as well as disclosure of the editorial team and their positions.
Funded by / Ownership
Unity News Network is a registered LTD in the United Kingdom. The directors are David Clews and Carl D. Pearson. Funding comes from online advertising, donations, and a store that sells merchandise. Unity News Network discloses ownership and funding here.
Analysis / Bias
Unity News Network’s primary mission is to promote nationalism and support for Brexit. Story selection often favors the political right and uses strongly loaded words such as this: SHOCK REPORTS that Nigel Farage has been BANNED from meeting President TRUMP! and this Macron RAGES as he BLAMES British people for DESTROYING hopes of United States of Europe! When it comes to sourcing, they primarily use quotes and occasionally hyperlinks to media sources. Some of the media sources utilized are The Telegraph, Bloomberg News, and local papers such as Devon Live.
In general, news almost always favors the right with many articles being anti-immigrant that focuses on their crimes, but not others. The primary theme of this website is Nationalism and British separation from the European Union with many stories that denigrate the left with loaded emotional wording such as this: Nicola Sturgeon now PLOTTING with Corbyn, Soubry, Cable & others to SABOTAGE Brexit!
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Unity News Network Right Biased based on story selection and editorial bias that strongly favors the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact checks record. (D. Van Zandt 7/4/2018) Updated (7/21/2020)
Last Updated on July 21, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NBC New Yorkby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am