A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Unite America First Questionable based on extreme right bias, the use of poor sourcing techniques, lack of transparency, and the publication of misleading and false information.
Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2017 by Will Johnson, Unite America First is a pro-conservative and pro-Trump activist website that publishes news that denigrates liberals. According to their about page, Will Johnson was a “Democrat his entire life until he moved to the state of California where he saw what happens to a state under Democrat leadership. He now works to inform Americans of the evil, lawless and divisive ways of the democrat party.”
Unite America First also conducts rallies around the country.
Funded by / Ownership
Unite America First does not articulate ownership, but Will Johnson appears to be the owner. Donations, advertising, and a store that sells Pro-Trump merchandise generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Unite America First provides a link to a youtube channel and a link to news stories. News reporting is not original but instead summarized reports from other sources with strong emotional opinions added. Headlines and articles often contain heavily loaded language: Illegal Alien Dems Used To Attack Trump Was Actually Deported Under Clinton, Flagged Under Obama. This story is sourced to the Questionable Western Journal, which frequently fails fact checks. In another story, Slaughter: Cops Who Shot Wisconsin Criminal “Did their job,” Had Duty To Shoot, they do not provide a single hyperlinked source to support their claims. Story selection always favors the right and denigrates the left with particular emphasis on portraying Black Lives Matter negatively BLM Activist Fantasizes About Babies Strangling to Death While Crowd Cheers Her On.
After the 2020 Presidential Election, Unite America First promoted false information regarding election fraud and Covid-19. See failed fact checks below. In general, this is an extreme right website that is 100% one-sided, uses poor sources, and is not always factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- “BLM pasted these ‘rules’ for ‘white folks’ attending protests on social media” – False
- “[Anthony Fauci] Funded Experimenting With AIDS Orphans…25 Died” – Inaccurate
- “Arizona audit” shows 86,391 voters “don’t appear to exist.” – False
Overall, we rate Unite America First Questionable based on extreme right bias, the use of poor sourcing techniques, lack of transparency, and the publication of misleading and false information. (D. Van Zandt 8/26/2020) Updated (11/2/2021
Last Updated on November 2, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am