These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The US Sun Right Biased based on story selection and editorial bias that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to overly sensationalized headlines, failed fact checks, and the promotion of misinformation.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
The US Sun is an online-only version of The Sun, a daily tabloid newspaper published in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The US Sun focuses on US News and publishes sensational UK news for which The Sun is famous. According to their about page, “The US Sun has endorsed the pledges of parties of all political stripes (as in the UK) but generally leans to the center-right in its political outlook. The US Sun was launched in 2019 to bring our style of engaging, hard-hitting, entertaining journalism to a new US audience.”
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
The US Sun divides news into the following categories: News, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Money, Health, Sport, Tech, and Travel. The website publishes trashy, sensationalized stories similar to the UK newspaper, such as this HELL HOUSE Brian Coulter girlfriend’s starved kids begged for donuts after being left to starve next to ‘murdered’ brother’s corpse. They also frequently cover celebrity gossip such as this MORE BAD NEWS Alec Baldwin’s wife Hilaria’s Mom Brain podcast canceled as family grieves accidental shooting death on film set. UK news is republished from The Sun Newspaper.
Editorially, The US Sun consistently reports negatively on the Biden administration, such as this NO HOLIDAY SPIRIT Biden CANCELS Halloween at the White House where trick-or-treaters dress up and get candy from presidents each year. Further, they refer to Dr. Anthony Fauci as a “Demon Doctor” SCANDAL-RIDDEN DOC Calls to fire ‘demon doctor’ Fauci grow after ‘experiments saw puppies eaten alive by sandflies.’ Finally, during the Covid-19 pandemic, they published misinformation such as this ‘THE DRUG SAVED MY LIFE’ Coronavirus sufferer says Trump-backed drug saved his life. There is no evidence to support hydroxychloroquine as an effective treatment for Covid-19. In general, The US Sun publishes sensationalized news stories from a conservative perspective and sometimes promotes misinformation.
Failed Fact Checks
- Black cats in Vietnam are being killed and consumed as a COVID-19 cure. – False
- House Democrats, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi, “blocked” Republican efforts to read the names of 13 U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan on Aug. 26, 2021. – Mostly False
Overall, we rate The US Sun Right Biased based on story selection and editorial bias that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to overly sensationalized headlines, failed fact checks, and the promotion of misinformation. (D. Van Zandt 10/28/2021)
Last Updated on January 12, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NBC New Yorkby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am