These sources exclusively use humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues. Primarily these sources are transparent that they are satire and do not attempt to deceive. See all Satire sources.
- Overall, we rate America’s Last Line of Defense a satire website based on full disclosure on every page they are satire.
Bias Rating: LEFT SATIRE
Factual Reporting: N/A
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: N/A
Founded in 2016, America’s Last Line of Defense is a satire website created as part of the Last Line of Defense Network, a network of websites that publishes satire/fake news frequently shared by conservative sources. The founder is Christopher Blair, who fully states his websites are satire.
Funded by / Ownership
America’s Last Line of Defense is owned by Christopher Blair and is funded through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, America’s Last Line of Defense displays they are a satire website in their logo, which is displayed on every page. In general, this is a satire website that pokes fun at conservatives who believe these stories. Further, the website again displays on their about page that they are satire: “Everything on this website is fiction. It is not a lie, and it is not fake news because it is not real. If you believe that it is real, you should have your head examined. Any similarities between this site’s pure fantasy and actual people, places, and events are purely coincidental, and all images should be considered altered and satirical. See above if you’re still having an issue with that satire thing.” In general, stories are designed to trick conservatives into sharing on social media such as this: Liberals Push Socialism To Kids Through Sesame Street, Fox Reports.
Although this site and all of Christopher Blair’s properties disclaim they are satire, they are still frequently fact-checked by fact-checkers.
Overall, we rate America’s Last Line of Defense a satire website based on full disclosure on every page they are satire. (D. Van Zandt 01/06/2017) Updated (11/23/2021)
Last Updated on November 23, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am