These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Iowa Starting Line Left Biased based on story selection that favors the left and High for factual reporting based on strong sourcing.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180 (2020)
According to their about page: “Iowa Starting Line is a news site devoted to bringing readers breaking news, in-depth analysis, and general coverage of Iowa Caucus and Iowa political news. Founded in January of 2015 by Pat Rynard, Starting Line works to provide a unique take on the Iowa political scene that others may not be covering. The Iowa Daily Democrat team was incorporated into our effort in mid-2016.”
Funded by / Ownership
The website is owned by Pat Rynard and funded through donations and online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, this is a strongly democratic leaning website. All stories favor democratic policy and are generally one-sided. There is a strong use of loaded language such as VP PENCE TRIES TO FOOL IOWANS ON GOP TAX SCAM. All stories are well sourced to credible media outlets that have a high factual rating.
A factual search reveals Iowa Starting Line has not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate Iowa Starting Line Left Biased based on story selection that favors the left and High for factual reporting based on strong sourcing. (D. Van Zandt 3/9/2018) Updated (05/10/2020)
Last Updated on May 10, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds