These sources exclusively use humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues. Primarily these sources are clear that they are satire and do not attempt to deceive. See all Satire sources.
- Overall, we rate The Red Shtick a satire website based on clearly stating their intentions.
Bias Rating: SATIRE
Factual Reporting: N/A
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: N/A
According to The Red Shtick about page, they are a “bold and engaging source of satire and irreverent humor.” Founded in 2004 as a satire magazine in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, it became a digital-only publication in 2012.
Funded by / Ownership
The Red Shtick does not clearly indicate ownership; however, they are a part of the Louisiana Satire Network. Further, Jeremy White appears to be the editor, primary writer, and possible owner. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Red Shtick covers various topics, but political satire seems to be the most represented. Political satire is often biting with stories such as this IMMIGRATION: Trump administration implements “F@ck off and die” policy at Mexican border. They also cover many topics related to Louisiana, such as this LSU to Issue Mandatory Shock Collars to Deter Football Fans From Storming Field. Most importantly, The Red Shtick clearly indicates they are a satire site.
Overall, we rate The Red Shtick a satire website based on clearly stating their intentions. (D. Van Zandt 7/25/2017) Updated (7/18/2021)
Last Updated on July 18, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am