These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate The Record (Stockton) Least Biased based on reasonably balanced editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1895, The Record is a daily newspaper based in Stockton, California, serving San Joaquin and Calaveras Counties. The current editor is Don Blount.
Funded by / Ownership
The Record is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. The newspaper is funded through advertising and paid subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Record of Stockton covers local news through journalists with minimal bias in reporting such as this, Veterinary project on a mission to help pets in need. National and international news comes from other Gannett publications and the Associated Press. In general, news reporting is low biased and factual.
Editorially, they endorsed Democratic Presidential Nominee Hillary Clinton in 2016: Record Endorsements, President: Clinton best for country. However, a review of op-eds shows a balance between left and right opinions. In general, they report news factually and with minimal editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate The Record (Stockton) Least Biased based on reasonably balanced editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/5/2020)
Last Updated on July 5, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm