These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the North Jersey Record Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180 (2020)
Founded in 1895, The Record, also called The North Jersey Record and The Bergen Record, is a newspaper in New Jersey, United States. It serves Bergen, Essex, Hudson, and Passaic counties in northern New Jersey. It has the second-largest circulation of New Jersey’s daily newspapers. The current editor is Daniel Sforza.
Funded by / Ownership
The Record is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. The newspaper is funded through advertising and paid subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the North Jersey Record publishes local news through reporters with minimal bias such as this Firefighters battle blaze in Hackensack. National and international news is delivered through the USA Today Network and the Associated Press.
Editorially, The Record has endorsed Democratic Presidential candidates since 1992. A review of op-eds reveals more favor a liberal perspective. In general, the news is reported factually with a left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Last Updated on November 7, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds