These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate The Post-Standard Least Biased based on a balanced editorial page and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1829, The Post-Standard is a Syracuse, New York based broadsheet newspaper. The paper is published by Advance Publications and they do not have a masthead or any information on who edits the paper or is in charge. The newspaper covers local, regional, and national news.
Funded by / Ownership
The Post-Standard is owned by Advanced Media New York and is funded through a subscription and advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Post-Standard covers local and regional news via journalist reporters and national/international news through the Associated Press and sometimes Washington Post. All straight news articles use minimal bias in the headlines and accurately reflect the contents of the story being reported on. All information is also properly sourced via first hand interviews or hyperlinking to other credible sources. Editorially, The Post-Standard has endorsed both Republican and Democratic Presidential candidates. In 2008, they endorsed Democrat Barack Obama. In 2012, they did not endorse a candidate and in 2016, they endorsed Democrat Hillary Clinton for President. A review of their opinion page shows a balance between right-center and left-center views without any extremes.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Post-Standard Least Biased based on a balanced editorial page and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/31/2018)
Last Updated on November 5, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am