A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per-article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate The Politics Online Questionable based on Extreme Right-Wing Bias, promotion of right-wing conspiracies, zero sourcing of information, routine changing of the domain name, and a complete lack of transparency. This is a fake news website!
Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Anti-Islam, Poor Sourcing, False Claims, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: EXTREME-RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
The Politics Online is an anti-Islam website that does not have an about page, author information, or ownership disclosure. In other words, the Owner(s) of the website wishes to remain anonymous as their content is Questionable. The website is part of a network of up to 14 websites that promotes anti-Muslim propaganda through an anonymous Anti-Muslim Network. According to a Guardian investigation in 2019, the network also features up to 21 Facebook pages that amplify the content reaching millions.
Due to the anonymous nature of these websites, they lack transparency. Further, the domains of sources within the network change frequently, and therefore some of these sites may not be online all the time.
Funded by / Ownership
The websites in the network do not disclose ownership, and advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Politics Online appears to change their domain name frequently to avoid detection as a fake propaganda news website. The sole purpose of this website is to denigrate Muslims through negative news reporting and loaded headlines such as this: Not a single American flag in sight at US Muslim congresswoman’s Anti-Israel rally in Detroit. There is zero sourcing for this story. Here is another anti-Muslim article: Ben Shapiro humiliating Muslim Congresswomen over their despicable Pro-Hamas agenda against Israel. Again, not a single hyperlink to support their claims. In general, this is a 100% anti-Muslim website that would qualify as a hate group if they had any credibility, which they don’t, based on the reasoning listed above.
Failed Fact Check
Overall, we rate The Politics Online Questionable based on Extreme Right-Wing Bias, promotion of right-wing conspiracies, zero sourcing of information, routine changing of the domain name, and a complete lack of transparency. This is a fake news website! (D. Van Zandt 5/11/2019) Updated (5/19/2021)
Last Updated on May 19, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am