These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The London Economic Left Biased based on editorial positions that always favor liberal policies. We also rate them Mostly Factual, rather than High, due to a lack of hyperlinked sourcing.
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Country: United Kingdom
World Press Freedom Rank: United Kingdom 35/180
Founded in 2012, The London Economic is a website that covers news about politics, entertainment, business, breaking news, and health. The founder is Jack Peat who is a business and economics journalist who has also written for the Telegraph and BBC News. According to their about page “We support liberal, progressive, pro-European and pro-business viewpoints and look to counter the spread of far-right rhetoric dominating the mainstream media.”
Funded by / Ownership
The London Economic is part-owned by news agency South West News Service. Revenue is generated through advertising and donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The London Economic has a strong left-wing bias in story selection that always favors the left. They consistently use loaded headlines such as Leaked list of Conservative Party sex pest sleaze published, shaming THIRTY SIX current Tory MPs and this Boris Johnson turns into The Joker in new artwork. While The London Economic mentions their source in articles, they do not provide hyperlinks for further verification of information, which leads to articles being spun and taken out of context.
Editorially, there is consistent liberal bias such as this The Conservatives are taking a sledge hammer to their voter base and this Labour is the only party treating both sides of the Brexit divide with respect. In general, news reporting is mostly factual, but lacks hyperlinked sourcing, while editorial positions always favor the left.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate The London Economic Left Biased based on editorial positions that always favor liberal policies. We also rate them Mostly Factual, rather than High, due to a lack of hyperlinked sourcing. (D. Van Zandt 12/09/2017) Updated (10/12/2019)
Last Updated on October 31, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am