The Day newspaper, formerly known as The New London Day, is a local newspaper based in New London, Connecticut, published by The Day Publishing Company. The newspaper has won Newspaper of the Year and the Best Daily Newspaper Award from the New England Press Association.
Funded by / Ownership
The Day Publishing Company publishes the newspaper through the Day Trust, which advocates for education, health care, and services for the poor. Advertising and subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Day presents news with low bias and covers all sides with balance. All articles are well-sourced and researched and do not contain emotionally loaded wording, such as this Connecticut Contracting Standards Board has limited jurisdiction over Mystic Oral School. News primarily focuses on New London and the surrounding areas, while national and international news comes from the Associated Press and sometimes the Washington Post.
Editorially, The Day clearly labels opinion pieces that favor a liberal perspective such as this Lawsuit could rein in NRA’s ability to wreak havoc, and this Respond to climate change here, now. In general, the news is reported factually, while editorials hold a left-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Day Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 11/19/2017) Updated (11/12/2021)
Last Updated on November 12, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am