A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate The Laugh Club Questionable based on the publication of fake news without a disclaimer that it is Satire.
Reasoning: Fake news, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: Sweden 3/180
Founded in 2019, The Laugh Club appears to be the satire wing of Newsner, a source we have rated Questionable. The Laugh Club completely lacks transparency by not offering an about page, author names, however, the contact page does indicate the website is owned by Newsner, and is produced by N365 Group.
Funded by / Ownership
The Laugh Club is owned by N365 Group, which is not prominently present on the website. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Laugh Club appears to be a satire website that does not disclose they are satire. For example this story: You can now buy a portable toilet, so you can poop anywhere your heart desires. While this may be a real product, I am sure the intent is to make people laugh, but there is not a disclaimer here. They also promote far out pseudoscience such as this: People are claiming Greta Thunberg is a time traveler from 1898 after baffling photo. Either way, this is a website that promotes fake news similar to Newsner.
Overall, we rate The Laugh Club Questionable based on the publication of fake news without a disclaimer that it is Satire. ( D. Van Zandt 12/3/2019)
Last Updated on October 30, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am