Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate The European Union Times a far-right biased conspiracy website that also publishes fake news and promotes hatred toward immigrants, minorities, and Jews.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Founded in 2009, The European Union Times is a far-right conspiracy website that does not always publish factual news. According to their about page the “European Union Times is an international newspaper based in Europe with operational branches in the Netherlands, Poland, Italy, Russia, the United States of America and Canada.”
They also proclaim their ideology, which can best be described as some hybrid form of Nazism “To make things clear, we DO endorse communism in its original Soviet Union form, we disavow Antifa as not real communists but as a bunch of Satanist schizophrenics who should all be sent to the Siberian gulags. We also support nationalism! We are both socialists and nationalists. Had the Axis and the USSR got along back in the 40s as they should have, the world would have been a totally different place now (for the good).”
The EU Times lacks transparency as they do not list names associated with the website, nor authors or owners.
Funded by / Ownership
The European Union Times does not disclose ownership and revenue is derived through advertising and donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The EU Times publishes news and opinions from a far-right nationalist perspective. They often use loaded language that frequently denigrates minorities, immigrants, and liberals such as this: Somali migrant brutally rapes Hungarian girl in a Budapest park, saved by American. When not promoting hate they often publish right-wing conspiracy theories such as this about George Soros: Swedish-Palestinian Journalist Dies Just Before He Exposes Soros And Aschberg. This story is sourced to the Questionable Russian propaganda site Russia Insider. Further, on the day of this review, they published a fake news story regarding the Corona Virus: Romania develops Coronavirus Vaccine able to Cure White People only. Needless to say, this is not true. In general, The EU Times is a far-right biased website that promotes conspiracy theories and hate.
Overall, we rate The European Union Times a far-right biased conspiracy website that also publishes fake news and promotes hatred toward immigrants, minorities, and Jews. (D. Van Zandt 8/10/2016) Updated (1/31/2020)
Last Updated on May 10, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am