These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate the DC Chronicle strongly Right Biased based on emotional wording and the right-leaning editorial positions of the writers. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of deceptive clickbait headlines that then leads to credible information. Further, Michael Moates has failed a fact check and writes for some questionable sources.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The DC Chronicle is a news and opinion website, founded in May 2018, by Michael Moates who is Chairman of the Narrative Times News Foundation, and Carlton “Carl” Milo Higbie IV who is a spokesman for the Great America Super PAC, which advocated for the election of Donald Trump.
Funded by / Ownership
The DC Chronicle is owned by the Narrative Times-News Foundation, which is a not-for-profit 501(c)3. The website is funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The DC Chronicle primarily republishes news from the Associated Press, Reuters, and the strong right-leaning Daily Caller. Although they republish from credible low biased sources such as the Associated Press, they deceptively change the headline to reflect an emotional right-wing bias such as this: A Make America Great Again Bomb Has Just Been Dropped On The House. Here is another example of a headline that does not match the tone of an AP story: Trump Just Humiliated This Democrat In The Most Epic Way Possible. Further, Michael Moates shares the articles he writes for other sources. Some of these sources are on our conspiracy or questionable list.
Editorially, the website does not clearly distinguish between news reporting and opinion pieces, however, all opinions expressed on this website are strongly right biased and heavily in favor of President Donald Trump and his policy.
Overall, we rate the DC Chronicle strongly Right Biased based on emotional wording and the right-leaning editorial positions of the writers. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of deceptive clickbait headlines that then leads to credible information. Further, Michael Moates has failed a fact check and writes for some questionable sources. (D. Van Zandt 12/1/2018)
Last Updated on October 26, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am