These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate The Daily Chronicle Least Biased based on Neutral story selection and balanced editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1879, The Daily Chronicle is a newspaper which covers DeKalb County in northern Illinois.
Funded by / Ownership
The Daily Chronicle is owned by Shaw Media, which is an American, Dixon, Illinois-based publisher, of about 80 newspapers and news websites in Illinois and Iowa. Revenue is derived from sponsored content, advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, local news is published through journalists and with minimal bias such as this: Sycamore City Council to discuss pot, building codes at meeting Monday. National and international news is covered through the Associated Press and other wire services. Editorially, they have a page dedicated to op-eds that is basically balanced in content. In general, news reporting is factual and low biased, while op-eds are reasonably balanced.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate The Daily Chronicle Least Biased based on Neutral story selection and balanced editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 9/14/2019)
Last Updated on October 20, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am