These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
Update: This source is no longer online.
- Overall, as of today, we rate The Daily Centrist Least Biased based on covering both sides in opinion pieces and Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of sourced information.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2018, The Daily Centrist is a news and opinion website with the mission of reporting the news from a centrist perspective. According to their about page “It is in that middle where we hope those who fall on the right and those who fall on the left can meet to make life better. And it will be the ideas coming from the center-left and center-right where we hope The Daily Centrist can make its contribution.” The editor-in-chief is Rick Ungar a “one-time senior political contributor at Forbes.com, a political analyst at Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network and a frequent guest on a wide variety of television and radio programs.”
According to their Press Release “The Daily Centrist will offer daily columns, blogs, podcasts and video clips from an array of political writers, commentators, and experts whose political perspectives reflect the center-right or center-left schools of American political thought.”
Funded by / Ownership
The Daily Centrist is owned by Crossover Media Group, 921 Associates, LLC, and Rick Ungar. Revenue is generated through advertising sales via the Crossover Media Group.
Analysis / Bias
In review (not podcasts), The Daily Centrist primarily reports political news with the use of moderately loaded headlines such as this: WHATABOUTISM FROM ANTI-TRUMP FORCES EXTEND SCANDAL-PLAGUED VA DEMS A LIFELINE. While this is clearly an opinion piece, it is not labeled as such, which may create confusion. Further, there is zero sourcing to support the reasonable and balanced claims. In another article, FINALLY-THE MYSTERIOUS TRUTH ABOUT MEDICARE FOR ALL, there is the use of proper sourcing to credible sources such as the Mercatus Center and the article presents both sides.
In general, most stories on this website are opinion pieces and they generally cover both sides of the story, however sourcing to support claims is mixed.
Overall, as of today we rate The Daily Centrist Least Biased based on covering both sides in opinion pieces and Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of sourced information. (D. Van Zandt 2/12/2019)
Last Updated on October 20, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am