These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The Daily Banter Left Biased based on story selection that always favors the left. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading headlines and consistent one-sided reporting that does not offer proper context.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2007 by Ben Cohen, The Daily Banter is a hyper-partisan liberal news and opinion website. According to their about page “We do our best to take down idiocy on both sides of the political spectrum, although we are decidedly left leaning. We provide well researched, witty analysis to keep our readers sane.” The current editor is Ben Cohen.
Funded by / Ownership
The Daily Banter is published by the Banter Media Group LLC, founded by Ben Cohen. Revenue is derived through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Daily Banter reports news and opinion with a very strong liberal bias that frequently uses charged loaded wording such as this: Eddie Haskell’s State Of The Union Was An Infuriating Study In Gaslighting and this Trump Described By U.S. Intelligence Officials As Willfully Ignorant. Both of these stories are properly sourced. In general, all stories strongly favor the left and denigrate the right through one sided reporting.
On February 11, 2019, the Daily Banter ceased web publishing and have moved to an email model. However, the website is still available to view.
Overall, we rate The Daily Banter Left Biased based on story selection that always favors the left. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading headlines and consistent one sided reporting that does not offer proper context. (8/24/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 2/17/2020)
Last Updated on October 20, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am