- Overall, we rate The Covid World a Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy and Quackery Level Pseudoscience site based on the promotion of unproven and false claims.
Bias Rating: RIGHT CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2021, The Covid World is an anonymously published website that promotes Covid-19 misinformation and conspiracy theories. According to their about page, “The COVID World is a non-partisan, non-profit, independent news organization.”
The domain is registered in the United States, but the website otherwise completely lacks transparency as they do not name founders, editors, owners, or reveal their mission.
Funded by / Ownership
According to their about page, they are a nonprofit; however, there is no evidence to indicate this is true. They lack transparency as they do not describe ownership or funding. Revenue appears to be derived through donations.
Analysis / Bias
The Covid World website publishes conspiracy and pseudoscience related to false flags, Covid-19, and the so-called Great Reset. Articles and headlines are highly emotional and misleading, such as this US Bioweapons Labs CONFIRMED As Deep State Sets Stage For Biowar False Flag Event To Be Blamed On Russia. This misleading story is republished from Mike Adams of Natural News, a website that has become legendary for fake news. According to conservative fact-checker The Dispatch, there are no USA-funded Biolabs in the Ukraine Fact Check: No, There Are No U.S.-Funded Bioweapons Labs in Ukraine.
The website also publishes articles regarding well-known conspiracy theorists such as Vernon Coleman, an anti-vaccination activist and AIDS denialist We’re In The Final Stages Of The Move Towards ‘The Great Reset’; We Must Win Now Or Lose Forever. In this single article, they claim climate change is a fraud, manufactured media hysteria over the Russian Invasion; the west engineered the war, New World Order, Covid vaccines are killing many people, the jab is poisonous, and “We’ve got until the end of 2022 – if we’re lucky.” In general, The Covid World is a crackpot conspiracy and pseudoscience website that holds a strong right-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- Players could have a “1 out of 600 risks of getting a heart condition from vaccination.” – False
- Man set himself alight to protest COVID-19 vaccine mandates. – False
Overall, we rate The Covid World a Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy and Quackery Level Pseudoscience site based on the promotion of unproven and false claims. (D. Van Zandt 03/11/2022)
Last Updated on April 26, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. Senate Gives Final Congressional Approval To $40 Billion Aid Package For Ukraineby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm
- Finland and Sweden Apply for NATO Membershipby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:59 pm
- New Twitter policy aims to pierce fog of war misinformationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:43 pm
- Biden To Meet Swedish, Finnish Leaders On NATO Membershipby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm
- Texas asks Supreme Court to keep state social media censorship law in effectby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm