These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Louisville Courier-Journal Left-Center biased based on an editorial history favoring Democrats. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1868, the Louisville Courier-Journal, locally called “The Courier” or “The C-J,” is the main newspaper for Louisville, Kentucky, United States. The C-J is a part of the USA Today Network. The current editor is Mike Trautmann. The newspaper has won 10 Pulitzer Prizes in its history.
Funded by / Ownership
The Louisville Courier-Journal is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. The newspaper is funded through advertising and paid subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Louisville Courier-Journal covers local news, sports, entertainment, and crime through reporters with minimal bias such as this: Kentucky coronavirus map: How many coronavirus cases are in Kentucky? Where are they?. National and international are covered through the USA Today Network and the Associated Press.
Editorially, the Courier-Journal has endorsed Democratic Presidential candidates for more than 40 years. Further, a review of op-eds indicates more favor a liberal perspective. In general, they report news factually with a left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Louisville Courier-Journal Left-Center biased based on an editorial history favoring Democrats. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record. (7/30/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 5/02/2020)
Last Updated on May 5, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am