Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Hate Group
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
The Daily Stormer is an American neo-Nazi and white supremacist news and commentary website. It is part of the alt-right movement. Its editor is Andrew Anglin, who founded it on July 4, 2013, as a faster-paced replacement for his previous website, Total Fascism. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, this is a Neo-Nazi Hate group.
On 8/14/2017, The Daily Stormer moved registration to Google after GoDaddy severed ties due to the Charlottesville Incident on 8/12/2017. Approximately one hour later, Google canceled the Daily Stormer’s registration as well.
On 8/15/2017, the Daily Stormer moved to the Dark Web and eventually returned with a new host.
The Daily Stormer frequently changes hosting and domains.
Read our profile on USA government influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
The website is owned by Andrew Anglin and is funded through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Daily Stormer is a neo-nazi, white supremacist hate website. The Daily Stormer frequently promotes Holocaust denial and even advocates exterminating the Jews. The website also features a countdown clock that shows when Whites will be the minority in the USA. When not promoting Antisemitism, they frequently publish propaganda in support of Racism, Islamophobia, Anti-LGBTQ, and advocacy for Men’s rights.
Politically, the Daily Stormer and Andrew Anglin support Donald Trump, stating, “vote for the first time in our lives for the one man who represents our interests.” The Daily Stormer has even been criticized by white nationalist websites such as Stormfront and Counter-Currents that have taken issue with what they see as lowbrow coverage.
Overall, we rate the Daily Stormer Questionable based on Extreme Right Bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies, as well as simply being a vile hate group. This source is not worthy of a click. (D. Van Zandt 2/8/2017) Update (12/12/2021)
Special Note: We provide a link below to their website for our Chrome Extensions, which requires a link to the website to display on Facebook and the Chrome taskbar. We recommend not clicking the link. (D. Van Zandt)
Last Updated on December 12, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am