These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate the Daily Record Left Biased based on consistent one-sided reporting that favors the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to one-sided reporting that can miss the context.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Country: United Kingdom (33/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Daily Record, part of Reach PLC, is a Scottish tabloid newspaper based in Glasgow, Scotland. It is published six days a week, and its sister paper is the Sunday Mail. It has a close kinship with the Daily Mirror, with major stories of UK significance being reported in both titles.
Funded by / Ownership
British Publishing Company Reach plc (formerly Trinity Mirror) owns The Daily Record. Revenue is generated through digital advertising, print ads, and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Daily Record uses highly sensationalized bold headlines that usually tend to favor the left. The Daily Record endorses the left-leaning Labour Party. Articles and headlines sometimes contain loaded emotional wording such as this Coked-up biker jailed for death of fellow motorcyclist in head-on smash.
Editorially, they frequently report negatively on conservative prime minister Boris Johnson such as this Triple lock on pensions scrapped as Boris Johnson performs another U-turn. In general, the Daily Record is one-sided in reporting but has not failed a fact check. For this, we rate them mostly factual due to the factual but one-sided nature of their reporting.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Daily Record Left Biased based on consistent one-sided reporting that favors the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to one-sided reporting that can miss the context. (D. Van Zandt 9/3/2017) Updated (9/10/2021)
Last Updated on September 10, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am