Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate The Common Sense Show a Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy and a strong Pseudoscience website based on the promotion of far-right unproven claims.
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2012, The Common Sense Show is a right-leaning conspiracy website founded by Dave Hodges that also publishes his podcasts. According to their about page, they cover the “loss of constitutional liberties, to the subsequent implementation of a police state under world governance, to exploring the limits of human potential. The primary purpose of The Common Sense Show is to provide Americans with the tools necessary to reclaim both our individual and national sovereignty.” All recent articles appear to be published by Dave Hodges.
Funded by / Ownership
The Common Sense Show lacks transparency as they do not indicate ownership. Revenue appears to be driven through advertising and donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the website hosts Dave Hodges’s podcasts as well as publishes news. News is often a short text summary from Hodges podcast that frequently uses loaded language such as this Attorney General Barr Should Immediately Arrest Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler for Treason and Sedition. A quote from the unsourced article reads “What is Portland’s mayor Ted Wheeler’s favorite political activity? It is marching arm in arm (no face mask) with rioters that are looting burning, raping, and murdering innocent people.” The website also promotes 9-11 conspiracy theories, FEMA camps, false flags, climate change denialism, agenda 21, and much more extreme-right propaganda. In general, this is an extreme conspiracy, pseudoscience and propaganda source that is not credible on any level.
Failed Fact Checks
- Says the “Pope calls for worldwide gun confiscation except for the UN” – Pants on Fire
- Is the Virginia governor planning to use roadblocks and U.N. troops to seize guns? – False
- Amid the “crisis at our southern border,” there are “reports of illegal migrants carrying deadly diseases such as … Ebola virus.” – Pants on Fire
Overall, we rate The Common Sense Show a Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy and a strong Pseudoscience website based on the promotion of far-right unproven claims. (D. Van Zandt 8/10/2016) Updated (7/30/2020)
Last Updated on November 3, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am