These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate The Balance Least Biased based on minimal use of loaded language and balanced reporting of financial news. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to excellent sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2016, The Balance is a financial advice and news website located in New York City. The general manager is Eunice Chi, and the editorial director is Matt Brownell.
Funded by / Ownership
The Balance is owned by Dotdash (formerly about.com), which is in turn owned by IAC (InterActiveCorp), an American holding company that owns over 150 brands across 100 countries, mostly in media and the Internet. The website appears to be primarily funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, when reporting on political issues related to economics, The Balance maintains neutrality and presents both sides of the argument. For example, in the article Donald Trump on Immigration, Pros, and Cons of His Policies, The Balance looks at both sides and fairly presents its arguments. This article is also perfectly sourced from credible media outlets and sources such as Whitehouse.gov, USA Today, and Pew Research. In general, The Balance is actually quite balanced in reporting and mostly sticks to its expertise of reporting on finance and investing.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Balance Least Biased based on minimal use of loaded language and balanced reporting of financial news. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to excellent sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/05/2017) Updated (3/24/2021)
Last Updated on April 21, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am