Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Technocracy News a far-right tin foil hat Conspiracy site that promotes quackery-level pseudoscience. We also rate them Very Low in factual reporting due to the routine publication of false information as evidenced by numerous failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: RIGHT CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY-LOW
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2015 by author Patrick Wood, Technocracy News is a conspiracy and pseudoscience website that reports on technology and its supposed dangers that lead to government control. According to the about page Patrick Wood describes himself as “An economist by education, a financial analyst and writer by profession and an American Constitutionalist by choice, Wood maintains a Biblical world view and has deep historical insights into the modern attacks on sovereignty, property rights and personal freedom. Such attacks are epitomized by the implementation of U.N. policies such as Agenda 21, Sustainable Development, Smart Growth, and in education, the widespread adoption of Common Core State Standards.”
Funded by / Ownership
Technocracy.News is owned by Patrick Wood and generates revenue through donations and the sale of books.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Technocracy News frequently publishes conspiracy theories and promotes pseudoscience. Many articles are written by Patrick Wood with others republished from right-leaning sources such as the questionable Breitbart, and conspiracy website Zerohedge. They also republish from credible sources such as The Hill, however, they add biased commentary such as this: “Rice is a globalist of the first order and tightly connected with members of the Trilateral Commission. As a former Ambassador to the UN and then-National Security Advisor to Obama, it is not surprising that she would be on Biden’s shortlist. ⁃ TN Editor”
Story selection often favors the right with great concern over Globalism and the New World Order such as this IMF Reveals That Cryptocurrency Is The New World Order Endgame. This story comes from the conspiracy website Alt-Market. They also frequently promote conspiracy theories about 5G, and Agenda 21. Further, they routinely publish misinformation regarding the CoronaVirus such as this CDC Sent Useless Test Kits To States, Tainted With Coronavirus. The test kits were not tainted with coronavirus. This is a false claim. Finally, they routinely promote anti-vaccination propaganda and support the claim that Human Influenced Climate Change is a hoax Dr. Tim Ball: Why People Continue To Believe Global Warming Hoax. In general, this is a website that frequently publishes misleading or false information from a far-right perspective.
Failed Fact Checks
- CO2 is not a greenhouse gas. – Inaccurate
- “New evidence shows wearing face mask can help coronavirus enter the brain and pose more health risk, warn expert” – Unsupported
- NASA Scientists: Lack Of Sunspots To Bring Record Cold – False
- 30,000 scientists have signed a petition arguing that there is no convincing scientific evidence for anthropogenic climate change. – Mostly False
- CDC Sent Useless Test Kits To States, Tainted With Coronavirus – False
- A study of past climate invalidates human-caused climate change – False
- “Most extreme weather phenomena have not become more extreme, more deadly, or more destructive” – False
Overall, we rate Technocracy News a far-right tin foil hat Conspiracy site that promotes quackery-level pseudoscience. We also rate them Very Low in factual reporting due to the routine publication of false information as evidenced by numerous failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 2/15/2021)