These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Tax Justice Network Left-Center Biased based political advocacy that favors a progressive liberal perspective regarding taxation. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on full transparency and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: United Kingdom (33/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2003, The Tax Justice Network (TJN) is an advocacy group consisting of a coalition of researchers and activists with a shared concern about tax avoidance, tax competition, and tax havens. The Tax Justice Network promotes transparency in international finance, fairness in the public interest, and opposes secrecy. According to their about page, “The Tax Justice Network believes our tax and financial systems are our most powerful tools for creating a just society that gives equal weight to the needs of everyone.”
Funded by / Ownership
Tax Justice Reform is certified as being equivalent to a US public charity (a 501(c)(3) organization). In other words, they are a nonprofit that is primarily funded through donations. You can view their latest financial report here.
Analysis / Bias
Tax Justice Reform is fully transparent that its mission is tax reform that does not favor the rich but provides equity. For example, they provide research such as this Tax Justice & Human Rights: The 4 Rs and the realization of rights and Progressive Tax Measures to Realize Rights.
Editorially, they take the position of progressive taxation with redistribution of wealth favored by the left.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Tax Justice Network Left-Center Biased based political advocacy that favors a progressive liberal perspective regarding taxation. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on full transparency and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 8/29/2017) Updated (8/27/2021)
Last Updated on August 27, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am