These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Tallahassee Democrat Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
|Country:||USA (45/180 Press Freedom)|
|Traffic/Popularity Estimate:||Medium Traffic|
|MBFC Credibility Rating:||HIGH CREDIBILITY|
Founded in 1905, The Tallahassee Democrat is a daily broadsheet newspaper. It covers the area centered on Tallahassee in Leon County, Florida, as well as adjacent Gadsden County, Jefferson County, and Wakulla County. The current publisher is Skip Foster.
Funded by / Ownership
The Tallahassee Democrat is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. The newspaper is funded through advertising and paid subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Tallahassee Democrat reports local news through reporters with minimal bias such as this U.S. Attorney Larry Keefe stepping down amid federal prosecutor transition. National and international news comes from other Gannett publications and the Associated Press.
Editorially, the Tallahassee Democrat does not endorse presidential candidates, however, op-eds do offer a mix of opinions with slightly more favoring the right. In general, they report news factually and with slight right-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Tallahassee Democrat Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/6/2017) Updated (2/26/2021)
Last Updated on February 26, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am